Dublin City Marathon Preparation Tips
Preparing for the Dublin City Marathon or any other type of race takes a lot of both physical and mental preparation. It is not enough to simply train for the marathon, you must also take the time to visualize the race and psyche yourself up for it. Here are some top tips on how to prepare for the Dublin City Marathon:
- Make sure that you know exactly where the Dublin City Marathon will be held and if possible time the trip from your hotel so that you will be able to get there in plenty of time.
- Never wear brand new footwear or clothing for the marathon as they are likely to chaff and can seriously affect your performance.
- Find a diet that works for you and stick to it rather than trying to follow the eating habits of other runners.
- Write your name on your racing shirt so that your support squad can easily identify you in the crowd and cheer you on.
- Don’t train too hard on the days leading up to the marathon as you need to give your muscles plenty of time to unwind to avoid cramping on the day of the race.
- Although it is important to stay hydrated, avoid drinking a large amount of water just before the race starts.
- Lukewarm water is absorbed by the body much better than cold water so avoid drinking water with ice in it before, during and after the race.
- Start off gently and build up the pace slowly so avoid muscle cramps and burning out before you are even a good way into the marathon.
- Make sure you have some warm clothes packed for after the race and stack them with one of your supporters or in a safe place.
- Enjoy the experience and don’t worry too much about whether or not you cross the finish line first.
When you feel like you’re fully prepared for the marathon, what better way to relax and unwind than by downloading the slots app? This app will provide you with hours of entertainment and help your mind be clear so that you can focus and be prepared for the marathon. Install it today.